1. Causes of Water Leakage in Pumps
(1) When the pump is installed, the water seal ring assembly is not installed in place, causing the pump to continue to leak. Because there is a water ring on the pump shaft corresponding to the inspection hole, when the water seal leaks, the cooling water will be thrown out and dripped out from the inspection hole of the pump when it meets the water ring along the pump shaft, which can prevent the cooling water from entering the bearing and destroying lubrication. In addition, when replacing the water retaining ring, the pump body and the pump cover can not be well combined and sealed, which will also cause water leakage.
(2) The working environment of construction machinery is harsh, which can easily cause uneven wear and tear between rubber-wood gasket and bushing end surface. Spring is immersed in water for a long time, which is easy to rust and reduce elasticity, and can also cause water leakage.
(3) It is possible to freeze and crack the pump body and cause water leakage if the water is forgotten or not discharged in winter. and when the temperature is too high, and the water vapor in the cooling system freezes after condensation.
(4) Old machines, wear, rust and aging failure of parts in water seals are also the causes of water leakage of pumps. When the construction machinery is parked for a long time, there is no cooling water in the engine, which causes the rubber sealing gasket to be deformed due to drying and contraction. After adding water, the rubber sealing gasket will expand but not completely restore to its original state, which will cause a small amount of leakage. In addition, the newly installed bakelite seal gasket and cast iron bushing have not been fully run-in, which will also lead to a small amount of water leakage of the pump.
2. Emergency measures
If it is found that the pump of the engine is leaking water, it must not stop working immediately. It should keep its working speed at the lowest stable speed, and add water to the inner side of the cooling system at the same time. (Note: when opening the nozzle cover, a cover should be placed above it to prevent steam from burning). so that the engine can cool down, drive at a short time and a slow speed, and then go to a nearby concealed place. Exclude. If the pump case breaks down and leaks, or the pump internal parts are damaged and lose the pump function, the relevant parts can be replaced as appropriate to eliminate the failure.
If the pump is badly damaged and there is no repair condition on the way, the inlet and outlet pipes of the pump can be directly connected to make full use of the natural circulation of hot and cold water to temporarily keep the engine at normal temperature; or an inner tube or bucket can be used as a container to firmly fix it, and then two rubber pipes are introduced from the container, one of which is connected to the inlet of the engine, and the other is connected to the inlet of the engine. One is connected to the outlet of the engine, the other end of the two pipes is inserted into the container, and the rubber pipe should be fixed firmly.
If only the pump shell cracks and leaks, the cracks can be cleaned up and then bonded with adhesives. In order to meet the emergency, egg white and cement can be mixed into a sticky mass and applied to the cracks, which can be used after several minutes of solidification.
In the course of running or working of construction machinery, leakage of water seal of pumps is also a common occurrence. Emergency treatment can be carried out as long as there are no faults such as damage or swelling deformation of the water throwing ring, insufficient spring force or breakage of the water seal. The concrete methods of emergency treatment are as follows: if the water seal of the pump leaks slightly due to improper sealing, but the wear is not serious, an abrasive cloth can be laid on the glass plate or the flat plate, and the sealing surface of the water seal can be smoothed, or the bakelite water seal can be turned over and used again. However, it should be noted that the contact surface between the water seal and the pump body should be ground to ensure its sealing performance.